5 Helpful Tips to Do Just That!
Worry is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do but never gets you anywhere.-Unknown
Hey friend! Are you riding the worry train? Don’t worry, everyone hops aboard the Worry Express from time to time. You are not alone and lucky for YOU, I have taken that ride PLENTY of times and have a few tips and tricks to ditch that ride and get on the road to peace of mind.
Constant worry has an awful effect on our emotional AND physical wellbeing, such as insomnia, headaches, restlessness, muscle tension, lack of focus and more!
- DANCE IT OUT! Our bodies are made to move friend, so turn up the music and dance! Don’t worry about how you look, just get those happy hormones (endorphins) poppin! When you move your body, your mind begins to clear the clutter of worry and anxiety, and even reduces stress levels. If I learned anything from Grey’s Anatomy, it’s that dancing (or walking, jogging, swimming and any other form of exercise) is a quick way to jolt your mood and give you the positive vibes you need.
- WRITE IT OUT! Take a few minutes to write out your worries. Look at that list and figure out which of these issues you can control and which are out of your hands. If you can’t control it, LET IT GO- it will work itself out, in the meantime make a solid effort to surrender and wish the best. What’s left on the list? Take a deep breath and start coming up with a plan on how to resolve the concerns that you can take control of and believe in yourself- YOU GOT THIS! Remember – writing things out helps you release what you may are holding in.
- REFLECT ON ‘EM! I like to take time to reflect on my past worries and the ACTUAL outcomes versus my chaotic version of what I THOUGHT would occur. Worry can make our problems SO MUCH BIGGER than they are. I don’t mean to diminish what you’re going through because some problems are MASSIVE- however it helps to know that you WILL come out better and stronger on the other side. So why not drop worry and build that resilience as you muscle through?
- MEDITATE! Believe me, you HAVE TIME. If you don’t then you need to make time because, honey, YOU are a priority. #SelfCare… All it takes is a few minutes of silence, or you can YouTube a guided meditation or meditation music as you drift into your mindful state. As your worries pop up in your mind (oh and they will…) imagine them floating away with the breeze into the clouds. This will bring you into a calmer state, easing your anxiety! It’s science!
- TALK THAT TALK! Lemme ask you something… and be real about the answer. How do you talk to yourself? Do you cuss yourself out or call yourself names? Would you speak to your friends that way? Or…Do you speak sweet nothings? Do you lift yourself up? Our self-talk is so important to monitor. What we feed our minds with our words attracts exactly that. (ex. “I’m so stupid” vs “I am a problem-solving WINNER”) We are powerful creators and it all starts with the thoughts we feed ourselves. So next time you start to talk dirty to yourself, take control, and flip your words into positive affirmations. You will develop into a self-loving, abundance manifesting machine!
Try these tips and let me know how it goes. I hope you get the relief you need from worry and take your mental wellness into your own hands.
If you need further support, email me at info@blakgoldbeauty to set up a discovery call.